The requirements for getting married in the Dominican Republic are relatively simple for Dominican citizens and Foreign National alike.
Dominican Citizens must provide a birth certificate of the bride and groom, the Identification Card of each, and the Identification Card of 2 witnesses who are not family members.
Foreign Nations should provide the following:
- Birth Certificate of the bride and groom
- Document of single unmarried status (divorce or widow(er) certificate. Ten months must have elapsed since the date of the last divorce.
- A photocopy of the passport of the bride and groom (or other document used to enter the Dominican Republic.
- Photocopies of the passports of the witnesses who are not family members.
- Certificate of Single Status for each of the parties.
- All documents must be authenticated by the couples’ nearest Dominican Consulate before they arrive in the country.
- All documents must be legally translated into Spanish in such consulate or by a legal interpreter in the Dominican Republic.
For the Dominican Republic's best Caribbean wedding resorts and wedding packages click here.