Getting married on the beautiful island of Dominica is easy provided the couple follows the following suggested procedure:
- Complete the marriage application form which must be signed by both parties and witnessed by a Magistrate, Justice of the Peace, Notary public, Commissioner of Oaths, or Registrar. Application forms are available at www.dominica.dm or www.dominica.gov.dm.
- The online Application Form requires a notarized copy of the couple’s identification, either their passport or other home-based government issued identification.
- The fees depend on the length of residency of the couple.
- Attach the following documents to the marriage application:
- A certified copy of Birth Certificate from each applicant.
- If married before, Decree of Divorce or Death Certificate of former spouse.
- One passport-sized photo of each applicant.
- Deed Poll if there have been name changes.
- Evidence of consent if one of the applicants is under 18 years of age.
- A non-marriage certificate to ensure that the applicants have never been married before.