Getting married in Cozumel is relatively easy.
Each of the spouses must submit the following documentation:
- Original passport or birth certificate apostilled by the Secretary of State of the entity where the document was certified. The birth certificate must include a photo I.D. and correct name.
- Tourist immigration document.
- Medical certificate (blood test) issued within 20 days before the wedding date. It is prefer=able that this analysis be performed in Mexico where the medical certificate is obtained in one day. If done in the U.S. it requires a check by a Mexican doctor.
- Complete documentation will be delivered with 72-hour notice.
- Four witnesses over 18 years of age. Those who are Mexican nations must submit a copy of their voter registration card. U.S. citizens must present a copy of their immigration form and identification. Foreign citizens must submit a copy of their immigration forms and passport identification.
- There is no minimum stay requirement for couples who marry in Cozumel.
For Cozumel's best Caribbean wedding resorts and wedding packages click here.