Getting married on Barbados is easy. No waiting period or minimum length of stay is required. Application for a marriage license must be made in person by both parties at the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs. Barbados is a very popular destination for a Caribbean wedding.
Documents required to apply for the license include the following:
- A valid passport, original birth certificate or a certified copy, and the airline tickets used to travel to the island including the return tickets.
- If either party has been divorced, the original divorce decree or a certified copy must be presented.
- If either party has been widowed, a certified copy of the previous marriage certificate and death certificate are required.
- All documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- If either of the parties is under 18 years of age, parental consent in the form of Statutory Declaration stamped and signed by a solicitor/lawyer is required.
- If the name of either of the parties has been changed by Deed Poll, legal proof, stamped and signed by a solicitor/lawyer is required. This also applies if a married woman has reverted back to her maiden name.
- If either party is adopted the adoption certificate must be produced.
For wedding hotels and resorts in Barbados and Caribbean wedding packages, contact us.